Search This Blog

Thursday, June 21, 2012

Blueberries


       For dessert tonight, we will have cheesecake and blueberry sauce. Our family got up early this morning and picked three buckets of blueberries. Some for the sauce, some for jam, some for pancakes and muffins, the rest to freeze for smoothies. It's fun to pick your own and see all the different shades of blueberry. The blueberries we picked are huge! I think I ate more than I picked and my brother and sister did the same. We weren't the only ones enjoying the berries, the birds were everywhere, and five minutes after my sister started picking, a bird pooped smack-dab in the middle of her bucket! Don't worry, she got a new one.
        When we got home, the kittens wasted no time inspecting the fruit. They sniffed the blueberries all over and licked a few. In the end, the blueberries were determined to be OK. We are so lucky the have cats that keep us safe from things like moths and blueberries.

      We haven't made the sauce yet but we have made the cheesecake. It's the cheesecake I want for my birthday. For now, it is to share with our friends that will be here for dinner tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you!